Who we are?
The Spina Bifida Association of Greater New England (“SBAGNE”) is a nonprofit 501(c)3 corporation founded in 1971 by a group of concerned parents of children with Spina Bifida. Today, we are an affiliated chapter of the National Spina Bifida Association. For 50 years, we have worked hard to support, connect, and empower individuals and families living in New England with Spina Bifida.
Currently SBAGNE employs an Executive Director and an Operations Manager. The work is supported by the SBAGNE Board of Directors and the volunteer base.
What we do?
The mission of the Spina Bifida Association of Greater New England is to build a better and brighter future for all those impacted by Spina Bifida. We do that by providing:
- a resource center for our members
- educational and social events for parents of young children, tweens/teens, and adults
- outreach efforts to medical offices and Spina Bifida clinics
- participation in public awareness events to educate the community Spina Bifida
- advocacy for people with Spina Bifida and the disability community
- direct financial supports to SBAGNE constituents
- the Jean Driscoll Scholarship for an individual with Spina Bifida
- fundraising and awareness events like our annual Walk-N-Roll, the Falmouth Road Race, the Tour de South Shore, and the Maine Marathon
Who we serve?
SBAGNE serves individuals, families, and caregivers living in New England with Spina Bifida.
SBAGNE Tri-Fold Brochure – English
SBAGNE Tri-Fold Brochure – Spanish