Register for our Virtual 50th Anniversary Celebration & Spina Bifida Conference
October 22 @ 6:30 pm - October 23 @ 3:00 pm
In response to the impact of the Delta variant, the 2021 New England Spina Bifida Conference has gone VIRTUAL! Although we won’t see you in-person, we plan to bring you a comprehensive, exciting, and educational conference.
Our virtual conference will be a two day event! *Please note that there are two separate registrations for our conference activities. Our celebratory event the night before is free and only requires registration. Registration for the educational conference is $15 per household.
Join us on Friday October 22nd at 6:30PM for a screening of a video celebration of SBAGNE’s past, present, and future, meet past and present board members, and join networking breakout sessions for parents, adults with spina bifida, and board members. Registration for this event is FREE.
The theme of our 2021 conference is “Complex Care Throughout the Lifespan.” Join us on Saturday, October 23rd from 9AM-3PM for educational sessions on complex care management, urology, bowel management, and spine care. Registration for the virtual conference is $15 per household. All sessions will be recorded and made available to registrants after the conference is complete. Financial assistance is available.
Cost should never be a barrier to participation. If you would like to attend the 2021 virtual conference and are in need of financial assistance, select “$0” in the Registration Fee box to complete your registration. Please follow up by contacting Jean Bertschmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Lambert at email@example.com for additional information.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 22
- 6:30 PM: Welcome and Introductions by Amy Bois (Board Chair), 50th Anniversary Celebration Video, Ellen Dugan Impact Award Presentation, Networking and Connections Breakout Rooms
Saturday, October 23
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM: Welcome Address/Ellen Dugan Impact Award (Amy Bois, Board Chair)
- 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM: Urologic Health for the Adolescent & Young Adult with Spina Bifida (Dr. Anne Dudley)
- 10:45 AM – 11:45 AM: Management of Hydrocephalus (Ashley Birch, MSN, CPNP)
- 11:45 AM – 12:30 PM: Lunch Break
- 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM: Working Toward Bowel Continence (Patricial Beierwaltes, DNP, C-PNP)
- 1:45 PM – 2:45 PM: Transition to Adult Care for Young Adults with Spina Bifida (Dr. Stacy Cook, Dr. Arda Hotz, Judy Thibadeau, RN, MN)
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Anterior Vertebral Tethering: A Potential Growth Preserving Surgical Option for Select Spina Bifida Patients with Progressive Scoliosis (Dr. John Braun)
- 4:00 PM: Conclusion