- This event has passed.
2022 Walk-N-Rolls & Summer Picnics
May 14 @ 11:00 am - May 22 @ 2:00 pm
In-person Walk-N-Rolls and Summer Picnics are back! We look forward to seeing you at one of our two Walk-N-Roll & Summer Picnic events this May.
Event: Walk-N-Roll & Summer Picnic: New Castle, NH
- Date: May 14, 2022
- Time: 11AM – 3PM
- Location: Great Island Commons, New Castle, NH
- We’ll walk and roll for spina bifida, share lunch together, and enjoy some adaptive recreation from Northeast Passage!
Event: Walk-N-Roll & Summer Picnic: Canton, MA
- Date: May 22, 2022
- Time: 11AM – 3PM
- Location: Pappas Rehabilitation Hospital, Canton, MA
- We’ll walk and roll for spina bifida, share lunch, tour the campus barn to meet horses and other animals, and enjoy adaptive recreation!
About the Walk-N-Roll:
Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida is a family-friendly fundraising event culminating in a non-competitive one-mile walk/roll, educational resource fair, games and activities, and amazing opportunities to connect.
How to fundraise:
We have moved to the fundraising platform, PledgeIt. As a non-profit fundraising platform, it keeps overhead costs low and does not charge other non-profits for its use. Set up your team and start fundraising for our annual Walk-N-Roll at: https://charity.pledgeit.org/SBAGNEWalkNRoll
Fundraising Prizes & Incentives:
To help you reach for your fundraising goals, we’ve assembled a collection of prizes. With the exception of the Walk-N-Roll t-shirts, prizes are not cumulative.
- $100: Walk-N-Roll T-Shirt for the Team Captain
- $250: Walk-N-Roll T-Shirts for Your Whole Team
- $500: Amazon Gift Card for $25
- $1000: SBAGNE Beach Mat
- $2500: SBAGNE Sweatshirt with Spine Artwork
- $5000: SBAGNE Fleece Jacket with Spine Art
Ways to fundraise:
Everyone has their favorite way to fundraise. For some people, directly contacting friends and family is a tried and true method. Others prefer to hold fundraisers through their social media outlets and some enjoy the “give a little, get a little” style of fundraising that comes with bake sales. There is no wrong way to fundraise. Just do what works best for you and your network.
Some techniques that have worked for past Walk-N-Roll teams include:
- emailing, calling, chatting with friends, family, or co-workers,
- holding a Facebook fundraiser or similar through social media,
- holding a bake sale, candy sale, or bracelet sale,
- giving a small gift to your donors regardless of donation amount,
- hosting a fundraising event for friends and family like a pizza party, barbecue, or wine night,
- talking to people in your community about why SBAGNE is important to you,
- sharing a skill you have with others (ex. hosting a spin class, teaching an informal paint night, or playing music)
- collaborating with a local professional willing to donate time and talent (ex. Zumba instructor or local musician)
- working with a restaurant to donate a portion of sales during set hours (ex. Panera, b.Good, Chipotle)
How to give without spending:
Living with a disability is expensive and cost should never prohibit someone from participating in all aspects of the SBAGNE community. That’s why we are exploring new ways to support our fundraisers without having to spend money or make a donation. For the last couple years, we have been working with HundredX Causes to host Feedback For Good campaigns which allow you to provide feedback on a wide range of products, services, and establishments in exchange for donations made to SBAGNE on your behalf. HundredX Causes will donate $2 to SBAGNE for every survey you take up to 75 surveys. That’s $150! Our Feedback For Good window will start on May 2nd. Anyone and everyone can participate. The more people you invite to participate in this program, the more money you generate for SBAGNE programs without spending any money yourself!
About the Summer Picnics:
The annual Summer Picnics are a way to bring the community together, build connections across the spina bifida community, and enjoy the limited summer sunshine New England has to offer. This event includes a free lunch and opportunities to try adaptive recreational activities in a relaxed, family-oriented environment. People of all ages and abilities are welcome to attend. Many people bring extended family and friends. You are not required to participate in the Walk-N-Roll in order to attend the Summer Picnic, but everyone is invited to join us for both. Registration for the Summer Picnics is coming soon!